Post: Community Facilities Manager
Salary: £27,750 per annum pro rata
Hours: 24 hours per week (subject to review and could increase depending on workload and available funding.
To provide excellent facilities management and customer services at the following ‘designated facilities’:
- Grassmoor Community Centre
- Grassmoor Community Pavilion
With the aims of increasing access and usage levels, maximising income, and ensuring a welcoming, safe and secure environment for users, local residents, staff and volunteers.
Please note that the two facilities are currently managed by separate managing bodies, the Grassmoor Community Centre Management Committee and the Grassmoor Community Pavilion Operational Management Group. Both managing bodies have agreed in principle to explore merging in to one governing body to manage the two facilities jointly.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide expert advice and support to the ‘management committees’ of each ‘designated facility’, ensuring they have up-to-date information on key performance indicators and management issues and are administered in line with good practice.
- To assist in the development and production of realistic business plans, assessing and reviewing the cost base and appraising the potential income projections.
- To manage, appraise and supervise all relevant staff and volunteers in each ‘designated facility’, ensuring they work together as a team, are highly motivated and appropriately trained.
- To market and promote each ‘designated facility’ in a co-ordinated and coherent way in line with agreed publicity and marketing strategies, encouraging a diverse range of activities to take place in it to meet the needs of the local community.
- To maximise income levels by seeking new ways of generating revenue, preparing and submitting funding bids and developing partnership agreements with service providers and user groups.
- To provide advice to the relevant ‘management committee’ on the upkeep, maintenance, functionality and regulations of each ‘designated facility’.
- To be responsible for ensuring that each ‘designated facility’ meets all legal, equality and diversity, fire safety and health and safety, Covid-19 and data protection requirements, including the production of risk assessments.
- In liaison with the ‘management committees’, ensure that each ‘designated facility’ has the appropriate security arrangements in place, including CCTV and 24 hour on-call security provision.
- To be responsible for viewings from potential hirers and users and negotiating draft terms and conditions.
- To be responsible for agreeing bookings with hirers and users, in line with the approved Charging Policy and agreed delegated responsibilities.
- To develop work plans and weekly work rotas for all staff and volunteers.
- To be responsible for updating all operating policies and regulations related to each ‘designated facility’, and ensuring that these policies are adhered to.
- To implement the publicity and marketing strategies of each ‘designated facility’ including regular production and distribution of publicity and promotional content and materials for each ‘designated facility’, through on-line social media platforms, relevant websites and brochures/posters/flyers.
- To be responsible for negotiating, agreeing and contracting with supplies and services for each ‘designated facility’, as authorised by the relevant ‘management committee’.
- To ensure that the financial records and management accounts of each ‘designated facility’ is correct and up-to-date.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day cash handling and banking.
- To be responsible for budgeting and regular stocktaking of each ‘designated facility’.
- To prepare reports including financial information and key performance indicators for presentation to the relevant ‘management committee’.
- To undertake any training course necessary to the role.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required in the role.
General Terms & Conditions
- The post-holder will be paid on a monthly basis in arrears.
- The post-holder is entitled to 28 days leave per annum, pro rata inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- The post-holder will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check and appointment to the post is subject to outcome of this check.
- The post-holder will be required to work flexibly with occasional weekend and evening work.
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of running a community or equivalent facility.
- Experience of keeping financial records and presenting financial information.
- Experience of coordinating a Bookings system.
- Experience of writing and presenting reports.
- Able to work as a team and individually.
- Experience of working with other partnership organisations such as local councils and other community and voluntary groups.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of advertising and promotional work.
- Competent computer and typing skills.
Personal Effectiveness and Self Development
- Understanding of flexible working in a Voluntary or/and Community organisation setting.
- Ability to engage with the general public and particularly people in the community.
- Knowledge of funding opportunities for charitable community groups.
- Understanding of Equality and Diversity issues.