Grassmoor Community Centre Manager
Grassmoor Community Centre Management Committee is seeking applications for the position of Community Centre Manager. The post is for 20 hours per week and the rate of pay is £12.50 per hour.
The postholder will be responsible for the day to day management of the Centre, including staffing and financial matters. They will be expected to promote and encourage use of the Centre and to apply for funding to support the Centre and its activities.
The job description is set out below. Applications should be made in writing to [email protected] or posted to Manor Cottage, 114 The Green, Hasland, S41 0JU. If you require any further information, please telephone 0124646105.
Closing date: 2 May 2021
Grassmoor Community Centre
Post: Centre Manager
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Weekly Hours: 20 hours (working hours may vary)
- To manage, appraise and supervise all staff and volunteers in the Community Centre to ensure that staff work together as a team, are highly motivated and appropriately trained.
- To be responsible for ensuring the Centre meets all Legal, equality and diversity, fire safety and health and safety, Covid-19 and data protection requirements.
- To develop and promote the use of the Centre and to encourage a diverse range of activities to take place in it to meet the needs of the local community.
- To prepare funding bids in support of the Centre and its activities.
- To draw up weekly work rotas for all staff and volunteers.
- To be responsible for updating all policies concerning the Community Centre and ensuring that these policies are adhered to.
- To ensure the regular production and distribution of publicity and promotion materials for the Centre.
- To prepare reports including financial information for presentation to the Management Committee.
- To be responsible for keeping financial records up-to-date.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day cash handling and banking.
- To be responsible for budgeting and regular stocktaking of the Café.
- To undertake any training course necessary to the role of the Centre Manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required in the role of Centre Manager.
- You will be paid on a monthly basis in arrears.
- You are entitled to 28 days leave inclusive of Bank Holidays, pro rata.
- The postholder will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check and appointment to the post is subject to outcome of this check.
- You will be required to work flexibly with occasional weekend and some evening work.
- One year experience of managing staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of running a Community Centre building.
- Experience of keeping financial records and presenting financial information.
- Experience of coordinating a Bookings system.
- Experience of writing and presenting reports.
- Able to work as a team and individually.
- Experience of working with other partnership organisations such as local councils and other community and voluntary groups.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of advertising and promotional work.
- Competent computer and typing skills.
Personal Effectiveness and Self Development
- Understanding of flexible working in a Voluntary or/and Community organisation setting.
- Ability to engage with the general public and particularly people in the community.
- Knowledge of funding opportunities for a charitable community group.
- Understanding of Equality and Diversity issues.